The CAMASA is a joint initiative of industry and government that represents the business interests of the aviation sector, with a view to significant export growth. As a section of the Commercial Aviation Association of Southern Africa, CAMASA has been established to represent the many South African aeronautical companies involved in bringing new aviation innovations to market.
Outcomes for the Commercial Aviation Manufacturing sector:
- Doubling manufactured exports over a period of five years
- Localisation of imports of materials and components
- Growing sector employment by 60% in high-tech jobs
- Transformation of the sector including ownership and skills
- Supplier development with particular emphasis on black industrialisation
- Leveraging and deploying the advanced manufacturing skills
- Driving the industrialisation and commercial deployment of leading edge technologies such as additive manufacturing
- Promote direct partnerships with international OEM’s and / or technology partners, to demonstrate and showcase local industry capabilities and capacities to collaborate
- Forging stronger ties with global aviation and advanced manufacturing companies.